Monday, January 24, 2011

Out My Window- Compare and Contrast Essay

What do you see if you look out your window? Well, I see apartments and road with car running. Every house has different things that they can see out of their window. But also, they can see similar things of what  I see. I explored Amchok's house in Toronto by the site: High Rise: Out My Window. to , explain about Highrise before I go in to the main point, I will talk about Highrise. Highrise is a multi-year, multi-media, collaborative documentary project about the human experience in global vertical suburbs. Under the direction of documentary-maker Katerina Cizek, the HIGHRISE team will be making lots of things. Web-documentaries, live presentations, installations, mobile projects and yes, documentary films. We will use the acclaimed interventionist and participatory approaches of the award-winning National Film Board of Canada’s Filmmaker-in-Residence (FIR) project. Our scale will be global, but rooted firmly in the FIR philosophy — putting people, process, creativity, collaboration, and innovation first. (From highrise site) In this essay, I will compare and contrast the Amchok's house and my house.
     The similarities is that if we look out the window, we cam see the houses. Amchok can see the house and if I look outo the window in my house I can see the apartments. Also, our other similarity is that Amchok and I both have a family. If you see  the picture of Amchok's hose, we can see Amchok and his family eatinig food altogether sitting aroung a round table. In my house also,  we can see my 5 family member sitting in a circle, eating food.  Third, Amchok and I can see the tall builbigs, if we see out our window. If I look out my window, I can see the tall apartments and buildings. Also, Amchik can see the tall buildings if he looks out his house windows. Lastly, Amchok and I both live in a high rise. Amchok said he lives in a high rise, and also I used to live at 13th floor.
     The first difference of me and Amchok is that Amchok lives in other foreign country. Me, as a Korean, live at Korea. But Amchok is a Tibet person and lives at Toronto, Canada. People around me has blak hair, black eyes, yellow skinimilar to me. But, people who lives around Amchok has brown or blond hair, green or blue eyes with white skin. But, Amchok has blak hair, black eyes and a dark skin.
     The second difference iois that Amchok has a religion but I don't. Amchok said he could play a music for His Holliness when His Holliness visited Toronto. But, different like him, I don't have any religion.

2 comments: